GLYCO-Phase takes waxy maize to the next level! With its low osmolality and high molecular weight, this carbohydrtae passes through the stomach to muscles much faster than dextrose or maltodextrin. Less time in the stomach means less digestion, allowing blood to travel to your muscles where it's needed. With the addition of Vanadyl and Chromium, GLYCO-Phase will effectively transport amino acids and nutrients to muscle tissue. The result - huge, pumped muscles that can take on, and recover from, the most intense of workouts.
- RAPIDLY REPLENISHES GLYCOGEN LEVELS!
- 3900X HIGHER MOLECULAR WEIGHT THAN DEXTROSE!
- ENHANCED WITH POWERFUL INSULIN-MIMICKERS!
- Great taste, zero fat!
Use GLYCO-Phase regularly to help meet your daily carbohydrate requirements (as directed on the label). We suggest 1 - 2 grams per pound of bodyweight. Check our blog often for new recipes!
Combine ISO-Phase with GLYCO-Phase to create the perfect pre/intra/post workout shakes.
1 scoop ISO-Phase
1 scoop GLYCO-Phase
Provides: 22 grams protein, 51 grams carbohydrates, zero fat
1/2 scoop ISO-Phase
1/2 scoop GLYCO-Phase
Provides: 11 grams protein, 25 grams carbohydrates, zero fat
ISO-Phase can also be combined with GLYCO-Phase to make high-quality, custom weight gainers. Mix 1-2 scoops of ISO-Phase with 1-3 scoops of GLYCO-Phase in water, juice or milk. For additional healthy calories add raw nut butter or nut oils to your shake.
When do I take GLYCO-Phase™?
GLYCO-Phase can be taken any time you require carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are especially needed around your workouts. We suggest hard training athletes take in anywhere from 1 - 2 grams of carbohydrates per pound of bodyweight. Athletes who are engaged in high volume and high endurance training may require even more.
Why does GLYCO-Phase contain vanadyl sulfate and chromium picolinate?
Insulin is one of the most anabolic hormones in the body. Waxy maize itself does not induce a large insulin surge. Vanadyl and chromium mimic the action of insulin, creating an anabolic environment for muscle growth.
How much GLYCO-Phase should I use each day?
It really depends on how much carbohydrates you are getting from the rest of your diet and how much physical activity you are doing. GLYCO-Phase is the best carbohydrate to use before, during and after training as it requires very little blood for digestion. Other carb sources (and especially whole foods) will sit in the stomach. More blood in the tummy means less is available to travel to muscles where it's needed during exercise. We recommend 1-2 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body-weight for most athletes engaged in mainly weight training.
Should I stack GLYCO-Phase with any other supplements?
ISO-Phase stacks well with GLYCO-Phase™. The two can be combined to make the perfect pre, intra and post-workout shakes. The two can also be combined to make custom weight gainers. The entire Advanced Genetics line-up can be used in conjunction with GLYCO-Phase to maximize muscle growth.
Does GLYCO-Phase taste good?
Most carbohydrate powders are fruit flavored and very sweet. Thick, sweet drinks are not our favorite so we went in an entirely different direction with GLYCO-Phase. It tastes like a real shake and is very easy to drink. It also mixes well with both flavors of ISO-Phase.
Research supporting GLYCO-Phase:
- Piehl Aulin K, Soderlund K, Hultman E.Muscle glycogen resynthesis rate in humans after supplementation of drinks containing carbohydrates with low and high molecular masses. EUR J ppl Physiol. 2000 Mar;81(4): 346-51.
- Stephens FB, Roig M, Armstrong G, Greenhaff PL. Post-exercise ingestion of a unique, high molecular weight glucose polymer solution improves performance during a subsequent bout of cycling exercise. J Sports Sci. 2008 Jan 15;26(2): 149-54.
- Guyton AC, Hall JE. Textbok of Medical Physiology: Insulin, Glucagon, and Diabetes Mellitus. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa; WB Saunders Co; 1996:971-982.
- Richter et al.. Skeletal Muscle Metabolism in Exercise and Diabetes: An Overview of Muscle Glucose Uptake during Exercise: Sites of Regulation. New York, New York; Plenum Press; 1998:1-16.
- Ishii et al. Resistance Training Improves Insulin Sensativity in NIDDM Subjects Without Altering Maximal Oxygen Uptake. Diabetes Care. 1998.21.Aug.
- Evans, Gary W., Picolinates. How They Help Build Muscle without Steroids And Other Health Benefits, Keats Publishing, New Canaan CT, 1989.
- Evans, Gary W., "Chromium - a Basic Ingredient for Good Health," Better Nutrition for Today's Living, January 1991.
- "Chromium: A Nutritional Factor in Potentiating Insulin," Medical Nutrition, Autumn, 1988.
- Passwater, Richard A., "Chromium Picolinate: Is it the Elusive GTF?" Whole Foods, April, 1989.
- Vinson, Joe A., "Glucose Tolerance Factor," July 18, 1980.
- Cohen et al. Oral Vanadyl Sulfate Improves Hepatic and Peripheral Insulin Sensitivity in Patients with Non-Insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 1995. 2501-2509.
- Harland, Harden-Williams. Is Vanadium of Human Nutritional Importance Yet? Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 1994. 891-894.
- Fawcett et al. The Effect of Oral Vanadyl Sulfate on Body Composition and Performance in Weight-Training Athletes. International Journal of Sport Nutrition.1996.6.382-390.
- Boden et al. Effects of Vanadyl Sulfate on Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism in Patients With Non-Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus.Metabolism , 45: 1130-1135, 1996.